Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Million Dollar Baby

Not very often do I agree with "The" Academy. But 2004 was definitely the year for Clint.

I am one of those movie watchers that love to be swept away. I'm the loud laugher that spills popcorn or the woman sniffling into her shirtsleeve one seat in front of you. But there is swept away and then there is tsunami, rip your ass out to sea, pummel you on the reef and spit your tired broken body onto a scorching shoreline. So when I tell you that Million Dollar Baby put me into a fit of sobbing that lasted 15 minutes past the credits, believe me when I say that this was truly a Great movie.

I think, overall, it is about loyalty. And how loyalty above all else requires sacrifice. Not blind faith. But purposeful, justified, well thought out commitment to people and beliefs. In a time when people are so distracted by the least important aspects of society, it is beautiful to see a movie that exalts humanity's broad range. The depth of courage that honors personal truth, despite the painful path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home