Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Steve Zissou, Can't Sit Through...

Upon entering the theatre to see The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, I found $9.00 lying on the floor. I turned the corner and found 5 other theatre patrons seated. I could, of course, have walked to the front of the theatre and made the announcement of finding $9.00. Alternately, I could have taken the $9.00 to the ticket taker and been done with it. I, of course, did neither. Rather, I folded the $9.00 rather neatly, and stuck it in my pocket.

Forty five minutes later, the thought struck me: This movie sort of sucks... Then the memory of the $9.00 in my pocket brought on the idea: If I leave, I'm really not out any bucks... So, I did.

Maybe the movie got better. All I could think though was that it appeared they were having more fun making the movie than the movie actually was... Might be a good movie if you're dropping acid. Sort of got the feeling they did a little LSD at some point during the production... Maybe from start to finish?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ambivalent_Maybe said...

I read somewhere that Bill Murray, for one, had a *terrible* time filming this movie. I can't remember where I read that, but the shoot took way longer than it was supposed to and Mr. Murray had to spend way too long on the set each day. I don't remember anything about LSD.

7:55 AM  
Blogger quantom qurkington said...

Well, it's consoling that they weren't having any fun either... It's the set designer that seemed a little crazy.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home