Friday, July 18, 2008

So Who The Heck Is Morrissey

Yesterday, I catch this blurb on the Comcast TV guide about, I think, Blood for Dracula, by Paul Morrissey, and about it being some companion piece to Warhol's Frankenstein, and well, about a week or two ago, I watched this movie called Mixed Blood by Paul Morrissey,... and well, after that movie I remember wanting more.

I don't think I've ever quite seen a movie like Mixed Blood. There was a comparison on the Comcast TV guide with Dicken's Fagan... The young actors have faces that will be hard to forget... and yet, it's a movie from 1985, and the faces have probably long since grown old, never seen again?

All I can say is it's about a Brazillian (?) gang in Alphabet City, and there's really no hope, (sorry Barrack...), and the actors look like they're not far from home, nor is the heart of this movie... I sort of believe that maybe people do live like this. It's just that I can't imagine how I could ever do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home