Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Next Generation of Nuts

So I've been guilty of watching a couple indie flicks, and well, of course, I've enjoyed them more than the few mainstream... well, I don't go and watch many of the mainstreams any more. I watched Brick which is sort-a High School Mystery... but was also very good (I had another story, inserted here, where I didn't really understand half the conversation in this movie, but nevertheless, it didn't seem to make a difference; i.e. bad hearing, etc.) Hmmm.... Tommy Solomon from 3rd Rock... Then there was Shia LeBouef ....??? Am not shure (sic) I spelled it right. But then for some reason over the last week or so, I heard this name: Shia LeBoeu... (Oh please forgive me if I've misspelled!) - on an advertisement for Saturday Nite Live, no less, and it popped up in some other TV conversation; but, then I had watched the movie The Battle of Shaker Heights a week or so ago, so I'd already heard of Shia, or at least seen this movie... But then tonight, I turned on this movie Manic, somewhat because it had the Tommy Solomon guy in it, but then there in his/Tommy's group therapy session is the guy that played LeBouef's best friend in Shaker Heights. He even has the same haircut.

Brick is really a very good movie on many levels (great sky). Shaker Heights was also entertaining, but then once I lived (briefly) in Shaker Heights, and then a little less briefly, on the border of Shaker Heights. The 'friends' house was something I'd drive by regularly... A little strange, but better than Ironman, no disrespect for Ironman intended...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home