Sunday, April 20, 2008

Outside of Price

The literal translation of Hors de Prix would be something like my title here. On the outer side at least. American Translation: Priceless. I'm not sure if the french were actually playing on the words Whores of Price, but this is pretty much the premise. Is a very funny movie, both in french and in english subtitles; but is also lavish. The menu prices are 180 euros, and more.... I'm not sure what the food was.... Lobsters... Croissants. Who knows what the hotels were charging. La prix de billet was $7.50. I thought while I watched this movie, I should step out to one of the fancier grocers in the neighborhood and buy a piece of cake. I should not consider the price. I should not worry about my retirement. There was such beauty in this movie.

One of the novels of my imagination is entitled: The year of living extravagantly. I fantasize that I will have such a year; after which, who cares... Hors de Prix basically compresses that year into a month(?). Ah well. Such are fantasies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home