Monday, June 26, 2006

Basil and Josephine

When I read these stories a few years ago, I thought they should be required reading for every teenager in America; amended perhaps to 'in the World'.

The first story isn't really a Basil story, though someone, the editor?, claims otherwise. It's more like Basil in the womb. The second story made me laugh out loud. Maybe the last story made me cry. I read half of them while drinking my Miller 'Lite' free beers at some hotel in Anaheim. Most of them left me with a smile on my face. As I closed the book I wrote something on the front page about somebodies having possession of certain parts of my soul... Maybe good beer?

This is something you should share with your children. If you have a little boy or girl, you should give them this book for their birthday when they turn fourteen. But before you do that, you should read it yourself. So that it becomes something you share rather than give. ... and as such perhaps becomes a greater gift.

Qom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home