Thursday, April 06, 2006

Worst Music, Worst Beer, Worst Movie

So VikTheDude came to visit a couple of weeks ago, and we went to the Buckaroo for beers. They had Mirror Pond and we drank a pitcher... With probably almost a glass of beer each to go, they suddenly started playing a Johnny Cash album real loudly. We finished our beer, yelling at each other trying to be heard over the din... (I'm not complaining about JC here, just the volume...)

So I suggested moving to the College Inn. The College Inn didn't have any music. They didn't have any customers (except one table with some wierd witchy chick with pinkish purple hair). They didn't have Mirror Pond so VikTheDude ordered some Mac&Jack while I went to pee... Or maybe I went over to the pool table and racked.

VikTheDude couldn't drink the beer. I tasted it. Thought it had the consistency of dog spit. I did drink about half a glass, but we both agreed they needed to do something about it, so we walked over to the bar and complained. The tender sort of half heartily agreed to replace the pitcher, and I pointed to some Full Sail, and this time did head towards the can. When I got back to the pool table, VikTheDude said: "It's Salty." I tasted it and had to agree. I don't think I've ever tasted beer that was salty before...

So, we rapidly concluded our game and left the establishment. VikTheDude was upset. I remember him muttering things like "It weren't meant to be..." and "I should'a gone back and had a talk with that guy..." (meaning the bartender...) ... And we got in the car and went over to the Blue Star Cafe and ordered dinner, somehow inadvertantly deciding we should maybe go to a movie.

I wanted to see The Hills Have Eyes cuz I'd read in the papers that it was really gruesome, but for some reason VikTheDude thought I wanted to see it because I thought he'd want to see it and suggested instead V for Vendetta... It started 10 minutes later, and actually fit into the schedule a little easier so "V" it 'Vas'.

Yuck!!!!!!!! Yuckity yuckin yuck yuck!

I hated that movie. It was the most yucky sucky movie I've ever fucking seen!!!!!!

I won't say much about it except that it was about some "Orwellian" society that some guy hated for some unknown reason. Somehow someway this guy had inexhaustible resources available to him for seeking revenge on society. At one point someone say's he's Edmund Dante (The Count of Monte Cristo if you don't know...), and I'm like: I know Edmund Dante, and, uh, you're no Edmund Dante...

The only thing remotely interesting about this movie is that it compares thematically with another movie I happened to catch on the tube a couple weeks ago; i.e. Equillibrium. The comparison ends there. Equillibrium burns like a supernova next to the black hole of Vendetta.

I'll let this end here. I think VikTheDude went home thinking it wasn't meant to be...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give most folks a scotch on the rocks and you can, with some ease, predict their reaction. "Yucky Sucky", though not my personal choice of verbage, might be par.

Permit me then, to be so forward as to suggest you sit back with one and watch "V" again. When you better understand the undercurrents within, you may, perhaps, acquire an appreciation for it's richness - just as you did, given time, with your Balvenie - (Double Wood I trust) - Castleheart

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home