Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Effluent Explosion

Tonite were I privileged to an effluent explosion from beneath my sink.  The pressure apparently arose from the disposal of garbage, and the plastic connection failed, and there flowed the effluent.


My old age overwhelmed me as I tried to address the problem.  To bend over, to stoop, to reach for unreachable pipes, all bore down on my soul and made me want to weep.  (Not to mention the pain associated with each and every movement!)


The Hoover Steam Vac sucked up the water, ... and then a towel or two, and then dumping what was in the sink, into another sink, and sink I did...  well, at some point I sat down, looked at the dog, and sighed.


Finally, I kneeled before the god that was my sink, and found the strength to fondle the coupling of the disposal to the drain, and there found the gasket askew and in need of adjustment.  Pleasant patience came to rescue the day!   And though I later collapsed in a fit of defeat, realizing how unfit I am to face such challenges, I at least was not killed by the calamity;  I get to live another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home