Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Travelling with your Stuff

I can barely handle travelling now; and yet I think that's all I'll want to do once Alice is beyond the pale. I could explain why I can barely handle it but don't want to - elsewhyse - I hope and think that Alice's pale is still a few years down the road.

I bought something from Amazon.com (more mystery) and it's coming from Indiana. Through the wonders of 'tracking' I know that it has traveled into (and probably out of) Illinois. I realized while thinking about this, that there is some visceral connection that I have with my 'stuff' that allows me to travel with it through my imagination; there's Iowa... barren fields this time of year. Perhaps I have mistaken Missouri for Iowa, but same general idea.

I don't know why this visceral connection should exist, but I believe it really does. Of course the 'tracking' really helps to make it so, but I still think that in the olden days this was probably still true. I imagine a prairie girl ordering a pretty dress from some outfitter in Chicago, and riding along on its trip too. Hey; bon voyage!

* The word 'stuff' was brought to you today courtesy of Amazon.com





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home