Friday, October 08, 2010

That Faraway Feeling

I finished watching Val Kilmer in Kill Me Again. It took me three or four sittings. When I was done I remembered why I'd thought it would be worth the time. It has a really good ending.

A few days ago I typed wants when I meant to type once. Makes me wonder how my mind works? What filing cabinet spell checker do my hands think they're using.

Kill Me Again was the debut for a director named John Dahl. He's also credited as a co-writer. And then noted his next movie was another in a group of memorable films... Red Rock West.

When I checked up on this movie on imdb, I was mainly shocked that it was made in f*king 1989. Having just watched it, the story could've happened last year, or I guess next year. Perhaps a sign that I haven't been paying attention to the fact that Val is getting older. I remember watching him in Wonderland a year or few ago. Think I may've dignified it. Notably it was made in 2003, and yet I don't remember Kilmer being much different than what I was just watching. And then there was Spartan, ambivilently, I think this was a movie I saw with Babi... But then my memory could be playing tricks with me. I didn't think there was any way Kill Me Again couldl be 20 f*king 1 years old.

I guess you'll have to slay me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think I've ever seen Kill Me Again, but I remember Red Rock West being quite good. The Last Seduction, too, wss very good. Now I guess he mostly does TV shows, which I never see.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home