Thursday, August 21, 2008

why I love the fantastic four

Tonight as I waited for the sunset there was a red sail upon the bay..
Later it was gone, nowhere to be seen,
Though there was a blue sail
With a red stripe, amongst the white sails that were sailing there.

The computer could not understand the word ‘sail’; I ranted at it: ‘red sail’ ‘red sail’
It replied: ‘Rad sale’ ‘Bad mail’... Is my voice so sad?

Why I love the fantastic four...

They have a comic book stupidity about them, that bleeds into pathos...
The movies have made it a summer full of superheroes...
Have they nothing else to offer?

But these superheroes, well, they fight the evil amongst us,
But then again they fight the evil out there...
They are not so stupid as to imagine that we are worse than them.

And therefore rise, fantastically,
To this forum made of air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home