Saturday, November 12, 2005

Gravy Train

When I was a kid, I remember, when I was a kid...

My parents led me down the trail of telling me that I was supposed to put water, probably warm water, on my dog's food; not much, but a little, and I think this was because the variety of dog food I fed my dog was Gravy Train. And that's what you were supposed to do, because the coating on the dog food was somehow suppose to mix with the water and make gravy, that, of course, was delicious to my dog. I remember that though my dog would eat some of this dog food, ultimately the next day I would have to clean out half of the bowl, and it would be just a big mush, (because of the water), and it had this sour stink. We fed the dog a variety of foods... There was dog food that came in the form of a patty, that was supposed to be like a hamburger or something. We'd feed him canned food, but that always stunk too. We fed him chocolate kisses that we're like doggy chocolate kisses. Reality is the dog didn't really like any of this, though I sort of remember him not having a problem with the 'patties' and/or the 'kisses'. Mainly he was a spoiled yankee dog, and ate speghetti, and chocolate (this before anyone told us chocolate was poison to a dog...), and cookies and other good things.

Now I neither feed my dog Gravy Train nor really, any of the above. I do not put warm water on my dog's kibble. Tonight she got catfish, and while I was eating my catfish I was telling her how delicious her meal was going to be. Generally she gets turkey with her kibble. She likes baked potatoe skins. And of course any meat fit for human consumption. But reality is hamburger tends to give her the shits, so well, she doesn't get much hamburger. Mainly turkey. Generally it satisfies her. Usually after a meal she'll come over and give me the eyeball. In the back of mind I thinks she's asking for more, but generally I like to think that she's actually saying thank you (in some doggie sort of way...).

1 Comments:

Blogger quantom qurkington said...

What the hell is this? This a blog about movies and books buster. Nothing in the charter says anything about reviewing dogfood; get the F*k out of here!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home