Friday, September 23, 2005

Empty Words

I think I've officially given up reading The Historian, or at least I switched to Our Game by Le Carre this evening on my outing with the dog. I kept turning the page on The Historian hoping there would be something there that made me want to keep reading, but alas,... I'm not sure really what this book was about... It was basically a travelogue with vampiric overtones. Unfortunately, the vampiric overtones consisted of a couple sitings of individuals with bite marks on their necks, anecdotes in out of the way European bistros.... There was an interesting image of a dragon picture in the middle of an ancient, otherwise 'blank', book, that was actually supposed to be a 'map' to the 'real' Dracula's hidden (very secret) tomb. Alas it was just taking too long to get there though, and I otherwise didn't see anything new here... Besides, it's really rotten writing.

My hungry eyes read the first couple of paragraphs in Our Game and thought there was more there than the 141 pages I gave The Historian...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home