Friday, May 06, 2005

Buffet de Cinema - La Cuisine d'Afrique

In the wake of Hotel Rwanda the 2 new Hollywood offerings with African themes are rather sad, but at least one is somewhat entertaining and otherwise demonstrates the beauty in the colors of the 'forgotten' continent.

I went to see The Interpreter yesterday... mainly because I didn't have anything else to do. Though I like Sean Penn, he was about the only thing interesting in this movie. The plot is otherwise extremely thin, and incredible. If you're able to imagine Nicole Kidman as an 'ex' African freedom fighter, well, you have more imagination than I have. You also are stupid enough to think that the pope might actually have a 2nd life up there on Mars... This movie tries to be suspenseful, but... hey, it aint even worth talking about.

A few days ago I went to see Sahara... Again, I really didn't have anything else to do. Starring 2 of my least favorite actors, Matthew McCoffeehead and Skinny-lope Cruz, I went for the promise of adventure. Well, both actors surprised me by not being too bad, and the story was otherwise packed with action, explosions, treasure, and pretty pictures. Oh, it was pretty fucking incredible too, but hey, nobody was trying to be serious here. Definitely worth a matinee ticket price or as a dvd rental.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ambivalent_Maybe said...

Nicole Kidman is terribly overrated as an actress, I think. I've seen her in *Eyes Wide Shut* and *Cold Mountain* and probably some other stuff that I've forgotten. It didn't seem like she was acting at all, but I don't mean that in a good way.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home